The purpose of the ANE Helping Hands Benevolence Fund is to exercise sound stewardship in the distribution of funds in order to enhance local congregational ministries in responding to natural disasters and social ills in the ANE District. This Fund has been established to share financial resources with:
ANE Congregations who reach out to an individual or family who has experienced an unexpected significant loss of basic necessities.
An ANE congregation that has become a victim of disaster as defined in this policy.
ANE individual volunteers participating in Brethren Disaster Ministries (BDM) or Mennonite Disaster Service (MDS) Disaster Response projects to assist in defraying transportation and/or lodging costs as established by ANE Disaster Response Trip guidelines.
- Applicant must be an ANE congregation or an ANE congregation’s active attendee participating in an ANE Disaster Response trip.
- Applicant must take responsibility for the proposed project or ministry.
- Applicant will exhibit active pursuit of additional funding sources.
- Applicant will exhibit evidence of careful planning, and good stewardship.
- Applicant will exhibit evidence of a clear and specific need.
- Unless expense reimbursement is provided for a Disaster Response trip, funding will not be given directly to individuals.
- ANE Congregations desiring to assist individuals or families who are victims of a Disaster as defined in policy. Grants will be limited to $5,000 per request, per year, subject to availability of funds.
- If necessary, individuals or groups requesting travel reimbursement when volunteering for trips coordinated by the District Disaster Response Coordinator
The Fund shall not be used to:
- Support other agencies unless the agency is responding to a natural, or terroristic disaster.
- Support mission trips that do not meet the guidelines of this Fund
- Support Disaster Response trips that are not through BDM or MDS
- Support Disaster Response trips that are not coordinated in consultation with the district’s Disaster Response Trip Coordinator