October 7-8, 2022
October 7: Worship Service, Ephrata Church of the Brethren
7:00pm, Speaker: David Steele, General Secretary, Church of the Brethren
Open to All, no registration needed. Online viewing link will be posted above on Friday, October 6.
October 8: Business Session, Elizabethtown College, Leffler Chapel
8:00am – 4:30pm
Open to All, registration required for Delegates and Non Delegates. Both online and in person options available. Please note that we will need to follow the College’s COVID protocol at the time of the event.
Atlantic Northeast District’s (ANE) 2022 District Conference will take place in two separate locations in person and also have live streaming options for both the worship service and business session. All are welcome to attend the worship service and business session. See below for details.
2022 ANE District Conference Moderator, John Hostetter
Theme: Ignited to be Church, Under Unrelenting Pressure
Scripture Reference – Ephesians 4:15-16
15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.
The purpose of the Alpha & Omega Community Center is to share God’s love by providing education and social services to empower the Latino community of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania to become more productive members of the community.
We encourage all congregations to collect from their own church and bring money and/or items to the Worship Service or Business Session!
- Food Bank Items: rice, cereal, pancake mix, spaghetti, canned beans: pink, black, pinto, kidney, etc.
- Used laptops or tablets to donate to immigrants and refugees for our program Computers for refugees. Please click here to find out more about donating a computer!
FREE and Open to Everyone!
Tuesday, September 6, 6:30pm — Delegate Briefing, Hempfield Church of the Brethren, or online
- Closed Captioning and Closed Captioning Translation Available through Webex.
- Link for briefing can be found above in the quick links when available. It will be emailed directly to those registered for the Business Session, and will be sent out through our publications.
- District Leadership will provide background and review the business items as well as provide a time for delegates to ask questions regarding those business items.
Thursday, October 6, 7:00pm-8:00pm– Bible Study– Online Only, no registration required
Lexi Aligarbes Please join us for a District wide Bible Study led by Lexi Aligarbes, Harrisburg First Church of the Brethren. Lexi will have a study focused on the theme of Conference. All are welcome, even if not attending other events. Let us gather as one. A Webex link will be posted above in the quick links when available. It will be emailed to those registered for the Business session as well as included in our publications. Closed captioning, and closed captioning translation available online.
Friday, October 7, 7:00pm – 8:30pm – Worship Service, Ephrata Church of the Brethren, or online.
Please join us for an evening of worshiping together! Our speaker is David Steele, General Secretary, Church of the Brethren. We will also have Ministry Recognition at this time.
- Link to view the service on our YouTube channel will be posted above, and emailed to those who are registered for our business session.
- Closed Captioning and Closed Captioning Translation Available.
Saturday, October 8, 8:00am – 4:30pm — Business Session, Online or In Person, REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Closed Captioning and Closed Captioning Translation Available through Webex Meetings for Online viewers
- Link to join will be sent out to those registered for the Business Session.
- Insight Sessions:
- All you need to know about the New CoB Integrated Annual Ministry Agreement:* During this interactive Workshop, members of the denomination’s Pastoral Compensation & Benefits Advisory Committee will demonstrate the new Integrated Annual Ministry Agreement, how it works with the Pastoral Compensation Calculator, and how each piece of the Agreement works together. Each participant will receive a copy of the Integrated Annual Ministry Agreement. This workshop will be presented remotely. CEUs available from the Brethren Academy upon request and payment from the participant *Pending Annual Conference Approval. This workshop is 2 hours in length and will be held over the lunch time. Those participating, will be provided a boxed lunch to eat during the workshop. Lunch choices are available when registering.
- Panel Discussion: Building and Nurturing Community in a Social Media Age
Registration Information— Opening July 1!
Online: Registration Fee $20
In Person: Registration Fee $35 – Includes Continental Breakfast and all you care to eat buffet lunch, or boxed lunch as indicated above.
Registration Closes September 15
Same Day Walk In Fee: $50
Congregational Delegates for 2022– Please check how many delegates your congregation is allowed for 2022 by clicking this link.
- All Congregational Delegates need to be registered by July 31 in order to receive conference materials prior to the Delegate Briefing. Each delegate will need to register separately, and will need an individual email that is unique to them.
- Please use the link above (Registration Information – available July 1) to note what details are needed to register prior to starting the registration process.
- Conference Books will be sent out the beginning of August. If you do not receive yours by the end of August either by USPS or email, please contact the District Office.
- If you haven’t done so already, please take a look at the Delegate Newsletter that has been emailed to those delegates that were provided to the District by congregations.
Training Sessions for Webex will be offered prior to the Delegate Briefing. Training will be focused toward Delegates and cover voting, and asking questions online. Please indicate interest when registering for Conference. Webex is very similar to Zoom, but it has added features. View an informational video here. Basic sign in directions click here.
- Tuesday, August 30, 6:00pm OR
- Wednesday, August 31, 1:00pm
Links will be posted here, when available, and also emailed to those who indicated interest when registering.