October 1-2, 2021
UPDATE: As of August 13, if attending District Conference in person, all participants are required to wear a mask while indoors. Please take this into consideration when making your decision to attend.
The 2021 District Conference will now be a HYBRID Conference. Elizabethtown College has indicated that they will fully be open to the public. Participants can choose to attend the Friday night Worship Service and/or the Saturday Business Session in person or online. Each participant of the Business Session can choose their preference when registering.
Theme: Be Renewed in Christ
- Scripture Reference
- Colossians 3
Colossians 3 will be the foundational scripture of the 52nd District Conference, as it should be in our daily thoughts, actions and words. Specifically that we, the ANE COB family and individuals, are broken through our numerous sins, BUT (a word when used in Scripture always means something different and the unexpected is next) God uses our brokenness to grow in unity and to be more like Jesus every day. Colossians 3 states we should focus our hearts and minds on Jesus, not on the brokenness of this world (verses 1-4); put to death whatever belongs to our earthly nature (verses 5-9); continually renew ourselves in Jesus (verses 10-14); and let the Peace of Jesus rule in our hearts as we, family members of one COB family, are called to peace.
- Colossians 3
Inspired by Jesus, Brethren Disaster Ministries focuses on rebuilding homes, caring for children, and providing international relief by engaging our volunteers, supporters, and partners to serve communities recovering from disaster.
FREE and Open to Everyone Events!
Tuesday, September 14, 7:00pm — Delegate Briefing, Online Only, no registration required.
- Closed Captioning and Closed Captioning Translation Available
- Link for briefing can be found here when available, emailed to those registered for the Business Session, and will be sent out through our publications.
- District Leadership will provide background and review the business items as well as provide a time for delegates to ask questions regarding those business items.
Thursday, September 30, 2021, 7:00pm-8:00pm– Bible Study– Online Only, no registration required
Please join us for a District wide Bible Study led by Scott Moyer, Moderator. Link will be posted here, and emailed to those registered for the Business session as well as included in our publications. Closed captioning, and closed captioning translation available of Bible Study leader.
Friday, October 1, 2021, 7:00pm– Worship Service, Online or In Person, no registration required
- Closed Captioning and Closed Captioning Translation Available for online viewers
- Link for worship service can be found here when available, emailed to those registered for the Business Session, and will be sent out through our publications.
- We will officially start District Conference weekend in prayer and worship. The Worship Service will be highlighted by multi-cultural inspirational music followed by Brian Messler, Ephrata COB Senior Pastor, challenging and encouraging us to Be Renewed in Christ as the Holy Spirit guides our navigation through the ANE Way Forward process.
- We will start District Conference off with prayer and worship with the objective of actively and intentionally applying the foundational scripture for District Conference of Colossians 3 that states we should focus our hearts and minds on Jesus, not on the brokenness of this world (verses 1-4); put to death whatever belongs to our earthly nature (verses 5-9); continually renew ourselves in Jesus (verses 10-14); let the Peace of Jesus rule in our hearts as we, family members of one COB family, are called to peace (verses 15-17); and work and serve Christ directly with one hundred percent sincerity of heart, strength, mind, soul and reverence for Him (versus 18-24).
EXPO — Now Canceled
Please visit the agency sites below and find out more.
- Bethany Seminary
- Brethren Benefit Trust
- Brethren Disaster Ministries
- COBYS Family Services (Brochure)
- Everence Financial Services
- PA Council of Churches
- Parish Resource Center (Brochure)
- Part-time Pastor, Full-time Church (offered through the CoB, Office of Ministry) (Brochure)
Business Session: Registration Required
Saturday, October 2, 2021– 9:00am – 4:00pm — Business Session, Online or In Person, registration required
- Closed Captioning and Closed Captioning Translation Available through Webex Meetings for Online viewers
- Link to join will be sent out to those registered for the Business Session.
- Insight Sessions:
- Cultivating a Culture of Call and Why it Matters The need is great for quality and qualified ministers within the life of the Church of the Brethren. The church is primed for a renewed passion and vision for calling and empowering persons to set-apart ministerial leadership. The Insight Session will examine the biblical mandate to plant, cultivate, and water – the seeds for ministry – identifying and calling tomorrow’s ministers. (1 Cor. 3:6) We will also examine practical ways congregations can take a more assertive and intentional role in calling people to ministry.
- The Way Forward Team
Online: Registration Fee $15
In Person: Registration Fee $30 – Includes Continental Breakfast and all you care to eat buffet lunch
Registration Closes September 15
Same Day Walk In Fee: $50
Congregational Delegates for 2021– Please check how many delegates your congregation is allowed for 2021 by clicking the link.
- All Congregational Delegates need to be registered by July 31 in order to receive conference materials prior to the Delegate Briefing. Each delegate will need to register separately, and will need an individual email that is unique to them.
- Please use the link above to note what details are needed to register prior to starting the registration process.
- Conference Books will be sent out the beginning of August. If you do not receive yours by the end of August either by USPS or email, please contact the District Office.
Training Sessions for Webex will be offered prior to the Delegate Briefing. Please indicate interest when registering for Conference. Webex is very similar to Zoom, but it has added features. View an informational video here. Basic sign in directions click here.
Tuesday, September 7, 6:00pm or Wednesday, September 8, 1:00pm — links will be posted here, when available, and also emailed to those who indicated interest when registering.